Let yourself be enchanted by the brilliance of the gemstones in Europe's only gemstone mines open to the public, the gemstone mines in the Steinkaulenberg in Idar-Oberstein!
You can reach us at:
Phone(0049) 6781 47 400
- Well visible stand-up display with Covid19 rules in front of entrance
- First aid kit available
- Reduced number of participants
- Surgical mask for guests available
- Staff follows all security rules of the local authorities
Hygiene and disinfection
- Disinfection of often touched items and surfaces
- Disinfecting of rented equipment
- Usage of cleansers that are effective against Corona Virus
- Regular ventilation of commonly accessible areas
- Employees are informed about prevention and hygiene measures and correct behaviour when Covid19 symptoms or infections appear
- Employees wear surgical masks
- Sensitizing of employees to meet min. distance rules
- Distance rules are kept
- Non-cash payment possible
- Separation or physical barriere between staff and guests in corresponding areas
- Storing of staff roster for four weeks
- Registering of guest contact data at the checkIn that may be relevant in case of infection - when guest agrees
hours of operation
Visitor gallery (tour):
open daily from 10.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
last guided tour 4.00 p.m.
(advance booking for groups recommended)
Gemstone camp and prospecting fields (for above-ground digging by yourself)
10:00 am, 12:30 pm and 3:00 pm - the event starts on time.
You can spend 2 hours on the site.