Magnuskirche

Worms · Rheinhessen

The three-nave church on Weckerlingplatz belonged to the neighbouring Andreasstift (today the municipal museum). It dates back to a Carolingian basilica, which was rebuilt several times over the centuries. Even before Luther's stay in Worms, Ulrich Preu preached Protestant sermons here. In 1523 the first wedding of a canon took place here, and one year later the priest got married. The Magnus Church stands for the early period of the reformation in Worms. In the southern side aisle is the work of art "Flèche blanche" by the famous Catalan artist Antoni Tàpies. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)