Scornfully referred to as ‘Mouse Castle’ by the Counts of Katzenelnbogen from the castle opposite. The derisive nickname seems inappropriate considering how strong the walls of the castle - built in 1355 - still appear to be today. In fact, this was a highly advanced piece of fortification architecture and was among the most technically sophisticated structures of its time. Burg Maus was restored in about 1900 and today it houses an interesting selection of furniture and other collections.
56346 St. Goarshausen-Wellmich