Imperial Palace and Casimir Castle with the Palatine Hall
Unfortunately, neither Barbarossa's Imperial Palace nor the Renaissance castle, which Palatine Count Johann Casimir had built in its vicinity, has survived. But this magnificent building has not completely disappeared. Its ruins, which were fitted with a roof in 1935 and christened Palatine Hall ("Pfalzgrafensaal"), are definitely worth seeing, and the former living room (or did he perhaps sleep here?) of the "Hunter from the Electoral Palatinate" is now used to host official receptions of the city.
hours of operation
The Count Palatinate Hall and the subterranean passages, which are equipped with light and sound effects, can be seen only on guided tours.
The area outside of the Kaiserpfalz is freely accessible.
Information available from the Tourist Information Kaiserslautern, telephone 0631 3654019