Built around 1100, the Florinskirche (St. Florin’s church) originally belonged to the St. Florin monastery chapter and today is the Protestant community church in the city centre. After French revolutionary troops took Koblenz in 1794, St. Florin’s was secularised in 1803 and used as a warehouse. Napoleon wanted St. Florin’s church turned into a municipal slaughter house with sale stands. But that did not happen: After the city was taken over by the Prussians, King Friedrich Wilhelm III gave the building to the Protestant military and civilian community. St. Florin’s church was consecrated as a Protestant parish church in 1820 and was therefore the first Protestant church in Koblenz.
Ev. Kirchengemeinde Koblenz-Mitte
Phone(0049) 0261 4040333